MUSHROOM SCALLOPS WITH APPLE AND PARSNIP MASH
This vegan starter dish from BOSH! in association with Alpro is sure to be a hit with guests at your next dinner party
Ingredients:FOR THE ‘SCALLOPS’:
4 trumpet mushrooms
1 tsp salt
juice of 2 lemons
1 tsp oil FOR THE MASH:
3 parsnips, peeled and chopped
1 Bramley apple, peeled and chopped
1 tsp oil
1 pinch of salt
1 tbsp Alpro Almond Unsweetened drink FOR THE DRESSING:
1-2 lemons, juice and zest
1 shallot, finely diced
½ tsp Dijon mustard TO SERVE:
50g hazelnuts, toasted
watercress or greens
- Slice the mushrooms stems into scallop size pieces and cover with warm water - add the salt and lemon juice and leave to soak overnight.
- Place the apples and parsnips into a pan with the oil, water and salt. Cook over a medium heat until soft, stirring occasionally so as not to catch.
- Allow to cool, then purée in a food processor with the Alpro Almond Unsweetened drink until smooth.
- Next, make the dressing - combine the shallot with the lemon juice and set aside for 20 minutes. Then, add the mustard and a drizzle of hazelnut oil and whisk until combined.
- Remove the mushroom scallops from the water and dry. Heat the oil in the frying pan and add the mushroom, season with a pinch of salt and cook on both sides.
- Serve with the apple and parsnip purée, dressed greens and scattered with hazelnuts.