Mushroom, Pesto and Artichoke Calzone
Ready in: 60 mins +
Ingredients:300g Allinson Wholemeal Very Strong
4 tbsp Allinson Additions 5 Seed Mix
7g sachet Allinson Easy Bake yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Billington’s Golden Caster sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
200ml warm water
[hd]For the filling[/hd]
4 tbsp vegetarian pesto
1 garlic clove, crushed
8 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
8 artichoke antipasti in oil, drained and sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
- Put the flour, most of the seeds (reserving 1 tbsp), yeast, salt and sugar into a bowl.
- Pour in the olive oil and warm water and mix to a ball.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Leave in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 210C/190C/Gas 7 and heat a baking sheet.
- Divide the dough into four and knead each piece into a smooth ball, then roll them out into 15cm circles.
- Spread the pesto onto one side of each round and top with the garlic, mushrooms and artichokes.
- Brush water around the rim of each circle then cover the filling with the other half of the dough to make a crescent shape. Press down the edges well to seal, and cut a couple of holes in the top of each calzone.
- Brush each one with olive oil, and sprinkle over the reserved seeds. Put onto the hot baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until the dough is golden and crisp.