Moving Mountains’ Pineapple Sausage Burger
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
Get the barbecue on! This mouth-watering Pineapple Sausage Burger screams summer. It's ideal for lunch or dinner, and can be enjoyed alongside crispy fries, crunchy coleslaw and a sweet chilli sauce.
For the burger:2 Moving Mountains® Sausage Burgers
1 pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 slices smoked Cheddar cheese (or vegan Cheddar cheese)
2 burger buns
For the coleslaw:¼ red cabbage (approx. 50g), finely sliced
1 small carrot, peeled and julienned
20g salted peanuts, crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper, to taste
For the sweet chilli sauce:1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp tomato purée
1 tbsp cider vinegar
½ red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- Heat a griddle pan or a griddle plate on a barbecue or cooker over a medium heat.
- Add the pineapple slices and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping over halfway through and making sure they aren't sticking to the griddle. After the first five minutes, drizzle the griddle with the rapeseed oil (try to avoid getting the oil to the section where the pineapples are).
- Add the burgers, and grill them for about five minutes on one side, then flip over and place the smoked cheddar slices on the top of each patty. Grill for another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the pineapples and burgers from the griddle and cover them with a piece of kitchen foil to keep them warm.
- To make the coleslaw, mix the cabbage, carrot and salted peanuts in a small bowl. Add the olive oil and seasoning and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the sweet chilli sauce by mixing the maple syrup, vinegar and red chilli together.
- Halve and toast the burger buns and assemble the burgers. Put the slaw on the bottom half, then top with the patty and pineapple, a generous drizzle of the sweet chilli sauce and finally the other half of the bun.