Love Beets Black Forest Beetroot Brownies with a Cheesecake Swirl
Ready in: 60 mins +
Add a twist to your brownies with this delicious recipe. The addition of beetroot, a cheesecake topping and cherries makes for a unique sweet treat.
For the brownies:280g Love Beets Cooked Beetroot (1 pack)
200g dark chocolate, broken
130g caster sugar
130g soft dark brown sugar
3 free-range eggs
110g plain flour
100g white chocolate, roughly chopped
For the cheesecake topping:80g white chocolate
80g cream cheese
1 small free-range egg
50g sour cream
25 kirsch-soaked cherries, drained (or you can use fresh, pitted cherries)
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3. Line a 22cm square tin with baking parchment. Put the Love Beets Cooked Beetroot into a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add the butter and dark chocolate to a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of lightly simmering water to melt, stirring occasionally. Set aside once melted.
- Add the caster sugar, soft dark brown sugar and eggs to a bowl and beat with an electric whisk for five minutes, until pale and thick.
- Using a large metal spoon, carefully fold in the blitzed beetroot puree and melted chocolate then the flour and white chocolate chunks, until just combined - be careful not to over-mix. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and set aside while you make the cheesecake mixture.
- Melt the remaining white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water then set aside to cool for five minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth then beat in the egg, sour cream and finally the white chocolate, until combined.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture over the brownie mix, swirling it through with a skewer to create a marble effect. Scatter over the cherries, then bake for 35-40 minutes, until just set with the slightest wobble in the centre. Cool completely before cutting into squares.