Little Bramley Tarts
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Ingredients:1 (375g) pack ready rolled puff pastry
450g (approx 3) Bramley apples, peeled, cored and sliced thinly
1 free-range egg white, lightly whisked
2 tbsp caster sugar
4 tbsp fine cut marmalade
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7. Unroll the sheet of pastry and cut out six circles about 10cm diameter, using a cup as a template.
- Place the pastry on a baking sheet. If you want to prepare this tart ahead of time, soak the slices of Bramley in a mixture of lemon juice and water (this will help to keep them white).
- Arrange the apple slices on top of each of the pastry circles, overlapping them to maximise visual appeal (as in the picture).
- With a pastry brush, cover the top of the sliced apple and pastry with the free-range egg white and sprinkle with the sugar. Use a knife to flute the pastry edges then bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the edges of the Bramley slices are tinged with brown and the pastry is golden.
- Warm the fine cut marmalade in a small pan. When it is liquid, brush the marmalade all over the top of the tarts. Serve these little tarts straight from the oven with cream or ice cream.