Gooey Chocolate Raspberry Pudding
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
This warm chocolate pudding is an indulgent dessert that will impress your guests. Serve it with ice cream to complete the course!
For the pudding:125g The Groovy Food Company Rich & Dark Agave Nectar
175g self-raising flour
50g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
85g unsalted butter
50g ground almonds
For the sauce:100g The Groovy Food Company Rich & Dark Agave Nectar
25g cocoa powder
300ml boiling water
250g fresh raspberries (frozen if out of season)
icing sugar, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180C/35F/Gas 4 (if using a fan-assisted oven, adjust the temperature according to instructions).
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a bowl, then rub in the butter.
- Stir in the agave and almonds, then mix in the milk until smooth. Spoon the mixture into a deep, 2-litre round oven-proof dish and level the surface.
- For the sauce, mix together the agave and cocoa powder and whisk in the boiling water. Pour the cocoa liquid over the pudding and bake for 30-40 minutes (placed on a baking sheet), or until the top is firm and there is a lovely dark sauce at the bottom.
- Leave to stand for just a minute or two before serving (the sauce will be absorbed by the sponge if left to stand too long). Dust with icing sugar and decorate with fresh raspberries.