GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN FLATBREADS
These easy to make flatbreads, made with gluten-free flours and dairy-free yogurt are an excellent free-from replacement for nan, pitta, flatbreads and all those yummy breads that accompany dinner. Shop at [url=http://www.indigo-herbs.co.uk]http://www.indigo-herbs.co.uk[/url] for your gluten-free flours in this recipe as well as a broad range of superfoods and herbal ingredients. Indigo Herbs is passionate about supporting you on your journey to natural health and clean eating.
Ingredients:250g Quinoa Flour 100g Brown Rice Flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 200g coconut yogurt 4 tablespoons olive oil 100ml water Salt & pepper, to taste
For the garlic, parsley & chilli butter (optional)15g vegan butter or margarine 10g fresh parsley, chopped 1 clove garlic crushed Pinch of chilli flakes Black pepper
- Mix together the flours and baking powder.
- Pour in the yogurt, oil and water and mix well with a large spoon, then use your hands to bring everything together.
- Dust a work surface with flour and knead a little. Roll into a ball, place in a bowl, cover and set aside while you make the butter.
- Beat together the butter, garlic, parsley and black pepper and store in the fridge until needed.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces and use your hands to flatten and pat the dough into rounds, about 3mm thick.
- Heat some oil in large non-stick pan and once hot, cook each for 2-3 minutes on each side, until puffed up and golden. Repeat.
- While still hot, brush over a little of the butter on top and allow to melt. Enjoy while still warm!