Fresh Ginger Pancakes with Caramel Lime Fruits
Liven up your breakfast with this exotic little number
For the filling:8 tbsp Bonne Maman Caramel Spread 4 tbsp fresh orange, mango and passion fruit juice [or any other tropical fruit juice] grated zest and juice of 1 lime ½ papaya, seeded and sliced ¼ pineapple, thinly sliced 50g blueberries a little melted butter for cooking 200ml tub crème fraîche
For the pancake batter:125g self-raising flour 3 tbsp caster sugar 1 free-range egg 150ml whole milk ½ tsp baking powder 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- Stir together the Bonne Maman Caramel Spread, fruit juice and 2 tsp lime juice with 2 tbsp water.
- Put all the fruit in a bowl and stir in 2-3 tbsp of the caramel sauce.
- Whisk together the batter ingredients until smooth.
- Heat an 18-20cm non-stick pan and brush lightly with melted butter.
- Ladle in 50-60ml of batter and tilt the pan so that the batter forms a large pancake. Cook until the surface is covered with bubbles then flip over and cook for a further one minute. Tip on to a plate. Continue until you have used all the batter.
- To serve: put the pancakes onto serving plates and spoon a little crème fraîche and caramel fruits onto one half. Fold over and serve drizzled with the remaining caramel sauce and some lime zest.