Clean Eating Alice’s Warm Lentil and Beetroot Salad with Sumac and Halloumi
Ingredients:2 large beetroots, skin on 200g puy lentils 1 red onion, sliced into segments 200g halloumi, cut into slices handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped 2 tbsp olive oil Sea salt
For the dressing:150ml Udos Choice Oil blend 1 tsp sumac 2 tbsp cider vinegar 1 tsp sea salt 1 lemon, juiced
- Preheat your oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7. Drizzle your beetroot with olive oil and cover with a little sea salt, then place onto a tray and roast for 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the lentils and onion into a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook for around 25 minutes, before removing from the heat, draining and leaving to cool.
- When your beetroot is done, remove from the oven and leave to cool whilst you mix up your dressing.
- Lay your lentils into your dish and cover with your beetroot, add the dressing and mint, and mix well.
- Finally, heat your frying pan until smoking hot and then add your halloumi and fry on each side for around a minute before adding to the top of your salad.