Christmas Vegan Tiramisu
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
If you're not a fan of the traditional pudding, this vegan tiramisu makes for a stunning Christmas dessert option!
For the vegan filling:1200g Violife Creamy Original
10 tbsp agave syrup
150ml coconut oil
½ tsp salt
seeds of 1 vanilla bean pod
375ml soya milk
For the vanilla cream:125ml soya milk
2 tbsp coconut oil
For the coffee cream:2 tbsp Kahlua
80ml freshly brewed espresso, cooled
For the soaking syrup:180ml freshly brewed coffee, cooled
6 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp Kahlua
cocoa powder, to decorate, with a Christmas stencil
400g vegan ladyfingers or biscuits (store bought or homemade)
- Beat the Violife Creamy Original with the agave syrup, until fluffy. Add the salt, vanilla, soya milk and coconut oil, and mix again, until creamy. Divide the mixture into half: use one half for the vanilla cream and the other half for the coffee cream.
- Take one half of the vegan filling, and mix in the soya milk and coconut oil, then set aside.
- Add the Kahlua and espresso to the second half of the vegan filling, and set aside.
- To assemble the tiramisu, use a 23cm, removable base cake tin.
- Mix the freshly brewed coffee, sugar and Kahlua. Soak 200g of the vegan ladyfingers for one minute in the mixture. Place the ladyfingers on the base of the tin, top with a layer of vanilla cream, and dust with cocoa powder. Top with a layer of coffee cream, then repeat one more time.
- Use a Christmas tree stencil to dust the top of the tiramisu with cocoa powder. Place in the fridge for at least six hours. To serve, carefully remove the tiramisu from the cake tin. Use the rest of the ladyfingers to create a fence around the sides of the tiramisu, use a ribbon to keep the biscuits in place, and serve.