CHOCOLATE FESTIVE SPICED DONUTS
Get into the festive spirit and try out these gluten-free spiced doughnuts – they are simply loaded with vitamins, minerals and healthy fats of dried fruit, nuts and seeds. Deliciously coated with pure dairy-free real dark chocolate, not only do they pack a nutritional punch but they are truly indulgent and naturally sweetened with just maple syrup.
Ingredients:150g gluten-free rolled oats 2 tablespoons Indigo Herbs brown rice flour 100g Indigo Herbs chopped dates 50g Indigo Herbs walnuts 3 tablespoons Indigo Herbs almond butter 4 tablespoons Indigo Herbs maple syrup 2 teaspoons mixed spice 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate coating3 tablespoons Indigo Herbs coconut oil 3 tablespoons Indigo Herbs maple syrup 5 tablespoons Indigo Herbs cacao powder Pinch of sea salt
To decorateA selection of dried fruit, nuts and seeds like - Indigo Herbs goji berries Indigo Herbs dried cranberries Indigo Herbs walnuts Indigo Herbs pumpkin seeds Indigo Herbs cacao nibs Edible glitter, if you can get your hands on some!
- First make the donut mixture: Simply place all the ingredients into a food processor and whizz up for at least 30 seconds until a soft dough forms.
- Line 4 donut holes in a tin with clingfilm. Now divide the mixture into 4 and press it into the ring of each one to reach the top, making sure to push it firmly together with your fingers. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Once firmed up, place the donuts on a wire rack. Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup then whisk in the cacao powder and sea salt until smooth. Use a teaspoon to coat each donut with the raw chocolate then scatter over your chosen toppings onto each one.
- Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to firm up again.
- When ready to serve, remove from the fridge, spray with edible glitter and enjoy!