CHOCOLATE CHIA PANCAKES
Ingredients:FOR THE PANCAKES: 60g oats, gluten-free if necessary
15g raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
60g ripe banana
125ml unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp milled chia seeds
1-2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
½ tsp vanilla extract FOR THE CHOCOLATE SAUCE: 1 tbsp raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
1 tsp arrowroot starch
1 tbsp water
- Place all the ingredients for the pancakes in a blender or Nutri Bullet and blend until smooth.
- Set the batter to one side while you preheat the pan.
- Heat a non-stick 10-inch pan over a medium heat. Cook 2.5 tablespoons of batter per pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for 2 minutes more. To make flipping easier, place the pan under a preheated grill for 1 minute, return to the stove top and cook for 1 minute more.
- For the chocolate sauce, whisk together the first three ingredients in a pot, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes. The chocolate sauce can be made in advance and stored in the fridge.
- Mix together the water and arrowroot starch. Add to the pot and whisk to combine while it simmers. Allow it to heat through and thicken for 1-2 minutes.
- Why not serve the pancakes topped with chocolate sauce, some hemp seeds, desiccated coconut, and blackberries?