Choc-Chip Courgette Brownies
These tasty veg brownies are ideal for those seeking something sweet but not too indulgent
Ingredients:175g butter (or low-fat spread)
150g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
3 free-range eggs
175g caster sugar
150g wholemeal self-raising flour
275g grated courgette
1 tsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160F/Gas 4. Grease a 20cm square tin with butter (or low-fat spread) and line with baking paper, leaving some paper hanging over the edge of the tin.
- Melt the chocolate and butter (or low-fat spread) over a pan of gently boiling water, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until thick. Pour in the melted chocolate, then fold together until combined. Gently fold in the flour, followed by the grated courgette.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool, then use the baking paper to lift the brownie out of the tin. Dust the top with the cocoa powder and cut into individual brownies.