Chilli Roast Butternut Squash with Chickpeas
Ready in: 60 mins +
Although this recipe does take a while to cook, it’s super easy to put together. Your only challenge is peeling the squash!
Ingredients:2 tbsp olive oil
1 large butternut squash
225g tinned chickpeas (drained weight)
4 tbsp English Provender Co. Hot Chilli Relish
2 tbsp vegetable stock
1 tbsp chopped coriander
small bag of rocket
small bag of baby spinach
2 bunches spring onions
1 tbsp English Provender Co. Classic French Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Peel the squash, cut in half and take out the seeds. Cut each half into quarters and place in a baking tray with around 1 tbsp olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Place in the preheated oven and roast until cooked through and browned around the edges. This will usually take around 45 minutes.
- Just before the end of the cooking time, put the canned chickpeas, relish, 1 tbsp olive oil and vegetable stock into a pan and bring up to the boil. Pour over the squash and put back in the oven for 15 minutes. Do not allow to burn.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven, sprinkle chopped coriander over the squash and chickpeas and season to your liking.
- Now mix the rocket and spinach leaves together in a large bowl, then slice the spring onions thinly and scatter over the top. Drizzle over some Classic French Dressing to taste and toss gently.
- Spoon the prepared salad onto four plates, leaving a well in the middle of each bed of salad. Lay two pieces of baked squash onto each of the salads, then top with any remaining chickpea mixture. Serve immediately with crusty bread.