Try this recipe from Rose Lloyd Owen to use up leftover cauliflower leaves and stalks – waste not, want not!
Ingredients:700g Doves Farm Gluten-Free Brown Bread Flour
200g cauliflower stalks/stems, blended
20g brown sugar
60g sunflower seeds
100g pumpkin seeds
30g poppy seeds
400g oat milk
15g psyllium husks
20g apple cider vinegar
40g olive oil
3g dried thyme/oregano
- To prepare the cauliflower stalks and leaves, wash them, and blitz in a blender.
- Warm the oat milk gently, take off the heat, and add the yeast.
- Sieve together all of the dry ingredients: flour, psyllium husks, salt and sugar.
- Whisk the aquafaba in a freestanding mixer until it is white and fluffy, and has tripled in size.
- Stir the aquafaba and milk mixture in the flour mixture, and bring together. Then add the remaining ingredients.
- Tip the dough into an oiled 1kg cake tin, and cover with cling film. Leave to rest in a warm place for an hour while the dough rises.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C/350F/Gas 4 for two hours.