Butternut Squash Sausage Rolls
These bite-size treats are great for picnics, lunch boxes and dinner parties!
Ingredients:300g Quorn Mince
500g butternut squash, cubed
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
3 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp dried sage
50g vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese
1 free-range egg, beaten
plain flour, for dusting
2 packs puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180F/Gas 6.
- Place the butternut squash in a roasting tin and drizzle with two tablespoons of oil. Sprinkle over the chilli flakes and season, then cook for 35 minutes. Transfer to a blender and pulse for 20 seconds.
- Fry the onions in the remaining olive oil for seven minutes. Add the garlic and sage, then fry for a further three minutes. Combine the squash with the Quorn Mince, parmesan-style cheese and onion mixture. Stir in half of the beaten egg and mix well.
- Dust your work surface with flour and roll the pastry into a rectangle (roughly half a centimetre thick, 20cm wide, 45cm long). Brush the sides of the pastry with the beaten egg, then spoon the sausage filling along the centre. Fold the pastry over and pinch closed to seal.
- Cut into bite-size pieces and brush with the egg wash. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.