BRITISH ASPARAGUS TORTILLA
This twist on a classic Spanish dish is a really speedy meal, ideal for a quick family dinner.
Ingredients:1 bundle British asparagus
1 courgette thinly sliced
15g unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves, crushed
200g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and diced
1 red onion sliced
6 medium eggs, beaten
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6, and bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Fill another dish with iced water, large enough to fit the asparagus.
- Drop the asparagus into the boiling water, bring back to the boil, then cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove the asparagus from the boiling water with a slotted spoon, then plunge into the iced water to preserve the bright colour of the asparagus.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick pan fry the sliced courgettes in the butter, then add the garlic and cook over a medium heat for around 6-7 minutes until almost sticky.
- Using the same boiling water used to cook the asparagus, parboil the potatoes and cut them into cubes, then add the potatoes and the onion to the pan and cook until softened.
- Place the asparagus into the pan, season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper and then add to the pan. When the eggs have just set around the edges, transfer to the preheated oven for around 6-8 minutes, or until the tortilla has set.
- When cooked, turn out onto a plate. Cut the tortilla into slices, then serve with some dressed salad leaves.