Boozy Chocolate and Prune Puddings
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Ingredients:60g pitted ready-to-eat prunes
11/2 tbsp Armagnac or brandy
57g self- raising flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
40g light muscovado sugar
1 medium free-range egg
50ml sunflower oil
2 tbsp milk
- Roughly chop the prunes, put into a bowl then pour over the brandy. Cover and leave overnight.
- Grease two pudding basins and prepare a large steamer. Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into a bowl, stir in the sugar.
- Beat the eggs, oil and milk together then whisk into the dry ingredients. When smooth, fold in the prune and brandy.
- Spoon the mixture into the two pudding basins. Cover with greased foil and tuck the edges of foil tightly around the basins. Place in the steamer and steam for 30 minutes.
- To turn out, run a small palette knife round the edge of the puddings, invert onto plates and serve with ready-made vanilla custard.