Balsamic and rosemary grilled peach salad
From the CNM Natural Chef Kitchen at the College of Naturopathic Medicine. This delicious grilled peach salad brings a splash of colour to the summer dining table. The perfect blend of sweet, sour and savoury, this recipe is a whole world away from an everyday bland salad.
Ingredients:2 large peaches 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil 2 packed cups of rocket 1.5 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary ½ a large red onion, finely sliced ¼ cup of almonds, chopped A generous handful of green beans Sea salt Black pepper
- Remove the tough ends from the green beans and bring a pan of salted water to the boil.
- Add the beans to the boiling water and cook for 4-6 minutes until tender and slightly crisp. Drain and reserve to one side.
- While the beans are cooking you can prepare the peaches. Peel and slice the peaches into thick wedges and add to a mixing bowl.
- Finely chop one tablespoon of fresh rosemary and add to the bowl with the peaches, along with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Toss to combine, ensuring that the peach slices are evenly coated in the mixture. Leave to one side to marinate for 15 minutes.
- While the peaches are marinating, add the chopped almonds to a dry frying pan over a low heat. Toast gently for 4 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Heat a grill to high and arrange the marinated peaches across a foil covered grill tray. Brush over any remaining marinade.
- Grill the peach slices for 3 minutes until the oil and balsamic vinegar begins to bubble.
- Add the onion to a large serving bowl along with the cooked green beans and rocket. Season to taste and toss to combine.