Artichoke flan makes a gorgeously delicious healthy party snack!
Ingredients:1 free-range egg 1 small onion 6 small artichokes cut into quarters 2 tbsp vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese 300g béchamel sauce A knob of butter 1 tsp potato starch or corn flour Breadcrumbs 300g Cirio peeled plum tomatoes White pepper and salt to taste
- Wash the artichokes thoroughly and boil. Once cooked, remove, drain well and mash into a smooth paste using a hand blender.
- In a bowl, mix the artichoke paste, egg, vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese and salt and pepper until the mixture is smooth.
- Grease a cupcake tin or individual moulds, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and fill them ¾ of the way with the artichoke mixture. Bake in the oven at 180C for 25 minutes until firm. Remove from the oven and allow cooling for 10 minutes before turning them over.
- Meanwhile prepare the tomato sauce by frying an onion in some olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper before adding Cirio’s peeled plum tomatoes and 1 tsp of potato starch / corn flour. Cook until the sauce has thickened and use a hand blender to blend into a smooth sauce.
- Once turned over and removed, garnish with the tomato sauce and enjoy!