Apricot & Peach Meringue Tray Bake
Ready in: 60 mins +
Delicious apricots, peach and meringue come together in this wonderfully shareable dessert courtesy of Slimming World. ©Slimming World 2019 Image: Slimming World/Gareth Morgans
1 tsp cornflour
120g caster sugar
3 tbsp sweetener
1 tsp sweetener
6 ripe peaches, halved, stoned and sliced
8-10 apricots, halved, stoned and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 110C/230 F/Gas ¼. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Place the egg whites and cornflour into a large clean mixing bowl. Beat them with an electric hand whisk on a medium speed until the mixture stands up in stiff peaks when the blades are lifted.
- Turn the whisk speed to high and start to add the caster sugar, a teaspoon at a time. Continue beating for 3-4 seconds between each addition of sugar until the mixture is thick and glossy. (It’s important to add the sugar slowly as it helps prevent the meringue from ‘weeping’.)
- Sift a spoonful of the sweetener over the mixture then fold it in with a metal spoon. Repeat with the remaining sweetener until the mixture looks smooth and billowy. Using a palette knife, spread this mixture over the prepared baking sheet to cover evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1½ hours until the meringue sounds crisp when tapped underneath and is a pale coffee colour. Leave to cool on the tray or a wire rack.
- Whisk the yoghurt and quark together, add the sweetener and spoon over the meringue. Mix the fruit slices together and scatter over the top of the yoghurt. Lightly dust with icing sugar, if you like, before serving.