Cruelty Free Beauty
- Vegan makeup brand KVD is launching in Boots
- 8 ethical beauty brands to keep on your radar
- The Vegan Accessory Hotlist
- 6 Vegan Make-Up Brands That Need To Be On Your Radar
- Aldi Has Launched Its First Vegan Skincare Range
- 4 Sustainable Vegan Coats For The Winter
- 5 minutes with Strictly Come Dancing‘s Tanning Superhero
- Reviewed: The vegan hair salon with a retro vibe
- 8 Vegan Foundations For Every Skin Tone
- Barry M partners with wildlife charity for exclusive new collection
- 5 Vegan Luxuries To Try This Month
- View all
- Why you should transform your garden to grow sustainable food
- 10 of the best fair trade brands in the UK
- British Airways commits to removing 700 tonnes of single-use plastic from flights in 2020
- Ethical hotlist: Books and documentaries that will inspire you
- The Tried-and-tested Guide to Fairtrade Shopping
- 6 ethical homeware brands we love
- What does ‘sustainable fashion’ mean in 2020?
- Could Mother Nature Hold The Key To Happiness?
- Join the Compassion Club with these ethical brands
- The ultimate plastic-free swaps for 2020
- The Vegan Accessory Hotlist
- View all
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Blondies
- Spiced Sweet Potato Latte
- Vegan Lasagne
- West African Peanut Stew
- Beetroot Falafel with Matcha sauce
- Vegan Aquafaba Pavlovas
- Cyrus Todiwala’s Green Palav
- Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes With Cashew Buttercream Frosting
- Vegan Agave Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Butterfly Pea Flower, Baileys Almande and Cardamom Loaves
- Biscoff Ice Cream
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- Oatly is Giving Away Free Tea and Coffee Across the UK
- The easiest way to make more of Thyme
- Veganuary Challenge
- UK’s First Plastic-Free Supermarket Opens In London
- 5 Delizioso Meals Using Cirio Passata!
- 10 must-cook Christmas recipes for vegetarians
- 7 Things to Look Out For in the March Issue
- 10 Extraordinary Uses For Coconut Oil
- 5 Breakfast Upgrades From Honestly Healthy You Need To Try!
- 3 tasty recipes from Woking Festival headliner Sabrina Ghayour
- 5 Reasons To Try This Vegan Company That Gives Back
- View all
9 Time Saving Christmas Essentials
In a rush? Last minute guests? Save time with these seasonal shop-bought treats!
If you can’t be bothered (or simply don’t have the time!) to cook, but still want a healthy, traditional dinner, then seasonal veg expert Riverford has you covered. The team has launched a range of organic boxes filled with festive favourites that are 100% vegan – plus, they’re delivered free to your door! Each vegan dinner box feeds two to three people generously, and includes seasonal veg, a hearty nut roast, fresh cranberry sauce, savoury gravy, mince pies, a traditional Christmas pudding and zesty clementines. Pre-order from 7th November for delivery between 20th and 24th December
Stuffing is an integral part of any Christmas lunch, but buying a ready-made one makes your home-cooked spread that much easier. Mr Crumb’s Sage & Onion Stuffing with Irish butter is a veggie-friendly option made with natural ingredients and fresh breadcrumbs, and it’s ready in just two minutes!
Tesco’s eye-catching vegan wreath will make a beautiful centrepiece for your festive dinner. A crisp filo pastry is hand-filled with sweet butternut squash, mushrooms, and seasonal chestnuts, flavoured with Madeira, white wine, brandy and winter spices. Available in store and online from 16th December.
Christmas wouldn’t be complete without vegetarian sausages! Try Marks & Spencer’s ready-made version, great as a savoury side for your Christmas dinner, or as a bite-sized treat for a festive get-together
Throwing a festive soirée? It can be difficult to create showstoppers out of side dishes, but that’s where Tesco has you sorted. This vegetarian garland will be a wonderful addition to your spread. The sweet and savoury blend of cranberries and creamy Brie is a delicious seasonal combination. Encased in a flaky puff pastry and topped with crunchy pine nuts, it’s sure to impress your guests. Available in store and online from 16th December.
Family-run cake company Konditor has launched a vegan mince pie this year! Whether you’re looking for festive treats to share round the office, or goodies to add to your sweet spread, these little pies will hit the spot. A flaky vegan pastry surrounds juicy, spiced mincemeat, all dusted in sugar.
A great addition to your festive dessert table, this handmade chocolate salami is comprised of 67% Madagascar-origin dark chocolate, dried fruits and nuts, plus a splash of brandy. It’s finished with a sprinkling of icing sugar for a beautifully presented sweet that’s vegan and dairy- and gluten-free.
For those who have an aversion to Christmas pudding – because there’s always someone – you’ll need a chocolate pud to add to the menu. Morrisons’ chocolate cake melts in the middle for a gooey, rich dessert that’s made all the more festive by its shimmering salted caramel centre, and white chocolate drizzle. Available from 18th December.
Vegans shouldn’t miss out on pudding, but it’s quite a time- consuming cake to make, especially as you dash around doing last-minute bits and bobs ahead of Santa’s arrival. LillyPuds’ Vegan Christmas Pudding is a great go-to that’s a light and delicious take on a festive classic. It’s packed with vine fruits, gluten-free ale, ginger, ground almonds, apple, and spices for a fragrant finish.
More from Vegetarian blog
It doesn't get more eco-friendly than growing your own fresh vegetables, fruit and herbs!
It's time to switch the kettle on for a good cause.
Support local businesses while getting your fill of plant-based snacks!
From health heroes to skincare saviours
These little products pack a big punch!