Toffee Apple and Banana Pancakes
Light, fluffy and wonderfully moist, this delicious banana pancake recipe is super-fluffy – top golden pancakes with a delicious toffee apple sauce, made with Bonne Maman Caramel Spread and a dash of apple juice.
Ingredients:45g Bonne Maman Caramel 75ml clear apple juice 75g plain flour Pinch ground cinnamon, optional Large pinch salt 2 tsp baking powder 1 tbsp light soft brown sugar 4 medium bananas 25g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for cooking 150ml buttermilk 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract, optional
- First make the Toffee Apple Sauce. Put the caramel in a small saucepan with the apple juice and stir together over a low heat for 2-3 mins, until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the next 5 dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mash the 2 very ripe bananas with the butter, buttermilk and vanilla until well blended. Fold into the flour mixture.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat and wipe out the pan with a little extra butter or oil.
- Drop a large spoonful of pancake batter into the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Wait until the bottom of the pancake is golden brown and bubbles begin to appear on the top then flip the pancake over with a fish slice or spatula. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Keep warm in a low oven while you cook the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes with the remaining sliced bananas and the warm Toffee Apple Sauce.