Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Ready in: 60 mins +
Ingredients:4 red peppers
gluten-free vegetable bouillon powder
50g chopped kalamata olives
1 courgette, chopped into small cubes
3 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
1 lemon, all the zest and1/2 the juice
200g vegetarian feta cheese
100g cooked cubed butternut squash
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
3 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Cut the peppers in half lengthways, deseed and place in a roasting tray. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp of the garlic oil and place in the oven for 15 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Cook the quinoa according to packet instructions, adding enough vegetable bouillon powder to the water as required for the quantity of liquid.
- Meanwhile, gently fry the courgette and oregano in 1 tbsp of the garlic oil until the courgette is taking on a golden colour. Add in the lemon zest and juice and continue to fry the courgette for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the courgette mixture to the cooked quinoa along with the butternut squash, olives and pine nuts. Crumble in the feta.
- Spoon the quinoa into the pepper halves, sprinkle with the remaining oil and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes before serving.